Wednesday 1 June 2011

Hoy on the horizon


Now after four weeks of thrashing it out on the circuits I’ve gone from zero stamina to nearly-got-stamina. It’s been almost exclusively on my board since the rain has been incessant in Scotland for the whole of May. Hence the lack of new routes to report. However, the focus has been good for me probably. My 60 move circuit is now extended to 100 moves and the rest between bouts are getting shorter every session.
Still much more work to be done, but with that under my belt and a good forecast at last it’s time to head north to Orkney and get on my project for a few days and try and remember how to trad climb. 

7 comments:

  1. How do you stay psyched to spend so much time on circuits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just know I wont be fit enough if they don't get done. Good circuits and good listening for the workout helps too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's on your playlist? I should start taking my mp3 player to the gym on my circuit days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I just know I wont be fit" sums it up very well. That's what distinguishes exceptional will-power from most of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much under your limit do you train on for ciruits dave? Whats optimum do you think for working stamina?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Dave

    I am considering building a board similar to yours but I have limited space. So it will have to be a 20 degree board that is 2.5 m long and 2.1 m wide. My question is would it be worthwhile to build a board of this size or is it just too small.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. 100 moves Dave? Seems extreme. There's pretty much no routes in the world that have 100 moves of power endurance in a row. Why not decrease the moves and up the intensity instead? Unless with your bird-vomiting multipitch you're really shooting for endurance instead? Cheers!

    ReplyDelete